While Old Quarter is the most popular place in Hanoi for tourists, there's no very good hotel gym for weight training in this area as you can see from these photos below. Same as the other areas in Hanoi, I researched thoroughly and selected decent ones carefully. If you are fine with some light dumbbells and cardio machines, there are more. I excluded famous Sofitel Legend Metropole Hotel in accordance with this blog's policy.
- Silk Path Hotel Hanoi （シルクパスホテルハノイ）
- The Light Hotel （ライトホテル）
- The Oriental Jade Hotel & Spa （ザ オリエンタルジェイドホテルアンドスパ）
- Hanoi Pearl Hotel （ハノイパールホテル）
- Apricot Hotel （アプリコットホテル）
- Hanoi Anise Hotel & Spa （ハノイアニスホテル＆スパ）
- Army Hotel （アーミーホテル）
* As needed, I tried to put links to photos on other websites as much as possible. I can do that to ones on TripAdvisor and some hotel's official website because they create a unique URL for every photo on them. So far, I don't know how to do it for some hotel search sites such as Hotels.com, Booking.com and Google Map.
Silk Path Hotel Hanoi （シルクパスホテルハノイ）
The gym is open from 6am to 10am and from 4pm to 8pm, and closed from 10am to 4pm. I think the shortness of the hours is its drawback.
I forgot to take photos of the gym but it was almost the same as those on TripAdvisor* or Hotels.com*. There was only one cable machine made by Life Fitness. Although the building looked old, the inside was very clean and new in July 2019.
The Light Hotel （ライトホテル）
The gym is open from 6.30am to 10pm.
If you really want to stay in the heart of Hanoi Old Quarter, I'm sure this is the best hotel gym in terms of weight training.
The Oriental Jade Hotel & Spa （ザ オリエンタルジェイドホテルアンドスパ）
The gym is open from 6.30am to 9pm.
I think this is the second best hotel gym for workout in the heart of Old Quarter Hanoi.
Hanoi Pearl Hotel （ハノイパールホテル）
All the equipment for workout this gym has is this aged multi weight machine.
Apricot Hotel （アプリコットホテル）
The gym is open from 6am to 10pm.
Please note that this is NOT a gym for weight training. The maximum weight of the dumbbell there was 3kg. I posted it just because a lake view from the windows was really gorgeous.
Hanoi Anise Hotel & Spa （ハノイアニスホテル＆スパ）
You can find a few photos of inside the gym on their official website*. I noticed there are a lot of ones of next Army Hotel, NOT of this Anise Hotel & Spa, on Google Map*. It's confusing.
Army Hotel （アーミーホテル）
I avoided this hotel just because I was a little concern about some negative reviews and their relatively low rating. You can find some photos on TripAdvisor* and Hotels.com*. According to them, it seems the gym has:
- Barbell bench press
- Dual adjustable pulley
- Chest/shoulder press machine
- Lat pull down/seated row machine
- Leg extension/curl machine